Thursday, January 30, 2014

Some Updates

I'm going to use this entry in my Blog to give you a some updates.  First off my novel Voodoo Street.  I am in the second rewrite on this.  It's going slow but we are moving forward with it.  Some of you may know that I began writing this book last year.  When I finished it I had a couple of proofs made up and gave it to some friends and family that I trust.  I have since received back their comments and I am now working through them.  More to come on this in the future.

My Google Chromebook has accomplished what I wanted it to.  I was hoping that a small very portable laptop would give me NO excuses not to write.  So far so good, the Chromebook comes with me every where.  When I have some time I have my tools with me.  The Chrome equivalents of Microsoft work just fine for me.  They are fairly compatible with existing Microsoft programs and they allow me to move back and forth between my Chrome Book and my laptop.  This was one of the best investments I have ever made in my writing career.

If you remember back a few weeks ago I had decided that "Writing More" was going to be one of my New Years Resolutions.  I'm proud to say that as we are poised to begin February I have been writing more.  I know, I know it s still early in the year but to paraphrase an old saying that says, "Every long journey begins with a single step."  You have to start small and build it on it.  That's my plan!

One of the projects I'm working on currently is a memoir.  Now a lot of people think a memoir is something only a famous person would write.  And that's probably true if you are looking for book sales.  But that's not why I'm writing this.  This is being written for both my parents and and my wife's parents.  This will only be circulated within the family.  I want to preserve the history of our families. The stories of the successes as well as the failures.  I want my kids and maybe someday my grand kids to know where they came from.  I believe you cannot look to the future without having a solid foundation in the past.

Well that's my updates for early 2014.  How are you doing with your New Year so far?  Let us know.

Keep writing!




No comments:

Post a Comment